Electricity is now one of the most costly expenses we worry from time to time. It consumes almost 25 percent of our monthly budget and despite the effort we do to save energy in order to keep our electric bills down, we still end up paying lots of money. Furthermore, the increase of taxes allotted on eclectic bills and other electric fees continues. For this outraging problem we came up with an idea that can greatly help every family in saving energy as well as in saving money through the use of alternative homemade energy.
Instead of spending so much money for your electric bills, why not try creating a homemade alternative source of energy like solar panels. Solar panels can be bought in the market however, it is really pricey and out of budget. Because of this many people around the globe nowadays are into effort in assembling solar panels out of renewable resources. So why settle for out of the budget solar panels when you can create your own, or why the need to worry about your increasing monthly bills when you can lessen them into something affordable. With the aid of homemade energy resource, you can relax your mind and sleep soundly at night.
Solar panel is an alternative system used to generate as well as supply electricity. And at the moment one of the widely used ways in different countries since it is easy to create and most especially it is environmental friendly.
Homemade Solar Panel Guidelines
We have prepared an easy guideline which includes step by step instructions and materials needed in building a solar panel. So learn and follow this guideline on how to make a solar panel of your own.
The materials needed for your solar panel can either be bought at your local home improvement centers or if you have renewable materials in your garage, then you can use them. Materials included are fly wood, roll of copper wire, Masonite pegboards, electric stove, micro-ammeter, and sheet of glass.
Steps in building solar panel:
- Measure the copper wire of and crop it out with your desired size. Then heat it on an eclectic hot plate or stove for at least 30 minutes.
- As soon as the copper turns black in copper, leave it and allow cooling for another 30 minutes or as long as the entire copper cools.
- The surface layer of the copper is covered with black coloration which indicates the presence of cupric oxide. To remove this, rinse the copper with cold water and avoid scratching it.
- Now create a panel box with the use of fly wood. Solar panel boxes are just shallow to avoid the sun from being shaded when it moves aside.
- You will needs a substrate for your solar cells so cut the pegboards into sizes that will fit your solar panel box.
- Attach and layout the solar cells into its substrate. Whether you desire to have 15 solar cells, 18, or 25, you need to make sure that the measurement of the solar cells, the substrate, and the panel box would be enough and fit.
- Connect the panel cells in series carefully since the cells are thin and delicate. You can use a low-wattage soldering iron as well as fine rosen- core solder in connecting the cells.
- Connect a micro-ammeter that will detect the wattage of the electricity being generated and supplied by your homemade alternative solar panel.
The benefit of learning and making your own alternative energy source does not only include lesser costs and increased savings but it helps you learn various ways on how to build and improve things into something very useful and environmental friendly. It helps you generate ideas out of your comfort zone.
Therefore, if you really are motivated to decreasing your monthly bills with the help of homemade solar panels, we hope that the guidelines we have shared with you will be a stepping stone into a safer and easy on the pocket rewards and outcomes. Otherwise, you can do yourself a favor by checking out the various companies specializing in solar power London is able to offer.